"The only way to be sure you never get published is to give up. Don't give up."
- Cara Lockwood

Character trading cards and crafting


.


Only two more days until Nanowrimo begins! 

Character Trading Cards


I found out about a new blog called "Paperback Writer" after reading a post from the Office of Letters and Light blog.  She has a lot of great tips about writing and participating in Nanowrimo.  One of them was to make character trading cards.  I thought that was a great idea so I decided to make some for my main characters.  

This is for my main character. *Picture was found doing a google search and is just an idea of what I imagine my character to look like.

My Male Main character.  *picture is a stock image..just for reference


Crafting during the Hurricane


Because of Hurricane Sandy, I was stuck at home for a couple days.  While at home I did a bit of crafting with my mother and also organized my craft closet.  Below are some of the crafts I did:

Set up a canvas in the bathtub (its sitting on the soap holder) and took our paint brush and splattered the canvas.  We used acrylic which is a water based paint.  It came right off the tub with no stains :)



Rainbow cloud made out of buttons.  I dumped out my button jar and organized the buttons into color and then drew a cloud shape onto water color paper (that's all I had that was stiff paper).  I laid the buttons out how I wanted them and then glued them all down.

Storm cloud made out of buttons.  Made the same way as the above.

Hoop cloud with button raindrops.

Helped Mom make a plot bunny



Also as a side note, if you haven't read the latest message from Nanowrimo headquarters then you definitely should! It maps out the month ahead.

My next post will be on Thursday, Day 1 of Nanowrimo! I will be blogging every single day!

Happy writing,
<3 Andrea

Your Reply