"The only way to be sure you never get published is to give up. Don't give up."
- Cara Lockwood

Childhood Favorites (Books)


.

I have recently been thinking about some of my favorite novels that I have read in the past, the novels that I just couldn't put down and that I have never forgotten about.  Well I have decided that I want to go back through these books and read them again.

Here is the list of books:


    • "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton
      • This was a required reading in my eighth grade class and is one that inspired me to be a writer
    • "Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli
      • This book was recommended to me by a friend when I was in High School.  
    • "Love, Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli
      • I just recently found out that there was a sequel to "Stargirl" and so this is now on my reading list as well.
    • "How Do I Love Thee" by Lurlene Mcdaniel
      • I came across this book, which has three stories in one, when I was browsing books in my local library.  I sat down and read all three of them right then and I remember absolutely loving them.  I came back to the library and read these stories again.  For some reason I love reading tragic romance stories.
    • "Angel of Mercy" by Lurlene Mcdaniel
      • Another of her books that I came across while browsing in the library.  I remember I could not put this book down.  It was sad but so good.
    • "Angel of Hope" by Lurlene Mcdaniel
      • This is a sequel to "Angel of Mercy" and I have not read this one but since I liked the first one I have added this to my reading list.
    • "Hatchet" by Gary Paulsen
      • This was a required reading in one of my grade school English classes and I remember that I really loved this book.
    • "Wait Till Helen Comes" by Mary Downing Hahn
      • This book was read to my class by my fourth grade teacher and I remember that I loved it so much that I checked it out from the library and read it again after my teacher was finished.  I don't remember much about it and I'm surprised I liked it since I'm not too fond of ghost stories but we'll see if I like it again.  Plus I don't think it's too bad since it was written for young children.
    • "The Enchanted Forrest Chronicles" by Patricia C. Wrede
      • This is a series of four books and these books are what inspired me to start writing fantasy.

As I read these books I will be doing posts with reviews of them.  If you have read any of these books I would love to hear your thoughts on them.  Also I'd love to hear what your favorite childhood novels or books were! Please leave a comment letting me know.

Happy reading,
<3 Andrea

Your Reply