"The only way to be sure you never get published is to give up. Don't give up."
- Cara Lockwood

Why I write


.



"Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its roots into the very depth of your heart; confess to yourself you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." - Rainer Maria Rilke



Three YouTube users, TracyMichelle210, OneMoreSouthernBelle, and ImprintedHeart8, have come together to create a Collab channel called PracticeMakesProse.  On this channel they each will be sharing different tips and tricks for writing and they will also be sharing things about themselves as writers.  Each week they will be following a different task and they have invited others to join in with them.  I will be joining in with the tasks each week here on my blog.  I would encourage everyone to go and check them out and join in as well.  They always have a lot of great tips and inspiration and they are all wonderful ladies!

The Task for this week is to talk about why you write and also what genres you like to write in.


Ever since I can remember I have loved to make up stories.  I would make them up in my head or make them up using my toys as characters.  Most of my childhood years after school was spent at my babysitter's house.  Her children and my brother and I would spend hours outside playing and I would take them on fun adventures with my stories as we acted out the stories, some of these stories they still talk about.  
When I learned to write I loved to write down different stories and always enjoyed writing assignments given by my teachers! What I wrote wasn't very good but it was a start.  And though I loved to write, as I went on in school English class became one of my hardest and most hated classes until Eighth grade.  I went from getting Ds and Fs in class to getting As and I have my wonderful teacher to thank for that.  She helped me to love English and writing. After our assignment to read "The Outsiders" by S.E Hinton, I decided I wanted to be a writer.  Before this I had never actually thought of myself as a writer or considered being a writer.  I was just doing something I loved and that came naturally to me.  After that I did a lot of research and studying into what it took to be a successful writer and I wrote longer stories and even tried out poetry.  
I am a very quiet and shy person and writing is how I express myself.  It is also how I deal with hard situations, I write my feelings out.  I have been writing in journals since I was Nine.

The genres I enjoy writing in are YA adult romance as my number one.  I also like to write fantasy so a lot of the stories I've written have been YA adult Fantasy romances :D but writing romance has been something I've enjoyed since I was quite young.

I hope you all enjoyed learning a little bit more about me and why I write!

Update: I have now finished my first rough draft of my outline for my current novel project and will be going back through it and adding in more detail and fixing it as need be.  I will also be going through my character ref sheets and go into depth more about each of my characters.  I am also going to try and define my settings some more.  I also now have a working title.  I'm still not sure about it and it may change later on but for right now it is "Never Planned on You"

Good luck in all your writing endeavors!  Please feel free to follow my blog for more updates, writing tips, book reviews and more!  Also feel free to comment on any of my posts I love hearing from all of you!

<3 Andrea 


Your Reply