"The only way to be sure you never get published is to give up. Don't give up."
- Cara Lockwood

Day 14


.

Current Word Count: 21,580

I still have some more writing to do today though I am feeling quite tired.  I had a bit of an exhausting time at work.

~~~~

So I really enjoyed TracyMichelle210 and OneMoreSouthernBelle's videos that they did yesterday when they gave their three things to do when the suck embraces you.
Lately I have been feeling a lack of motivation to write and I've also been feeling a bit unconfident about my story and their videos have been pretty helpful in motivating me to keep going.  So for today's blog entry I wanted to talk a little bit about how their advice has helped me.


OneMoreSouthernBelle's advice was to follow the "Three B's"

  • Be Unique
  • Be Confident
  • Believe in yourself
I really liked hearing her advice because sometimes I do lose confidence in myself as a writer and I stop believing that I can do this but then I remind myself that I have done it before even when it was really hard and that if I could do it then, then I can do it again.

TracyMichelle210's advice:
  • Embrace the Suck
  • Always say yes to what is going on in your head and stop thinking so much
  • Remember why you are doing Camp Nanowrimo
I'm glad that she pointed out that we need to embrace the suck because sometimes I forget that this is just a rough draft and I put way too much pressure on myself to write something really good but let's face it there is no way you can write a perfect novel in one month.  Sometimes it takes novelists years of hard work before their writing is ready to be published.  So I have to keep reminding myself that this is not going to be perfect and that is okay.
When I was planning out my novel in July, every time I got an idea for my story I quickly wrote it down in my notebook.  No matter what the idea I just wrote it down as I thought of them.  Then when August started I went through my notebook and I highlighted the things I wanted to put in my novel.  After hearing Tracy's advice it made me think of all of those unhighlighted ideas and even though they may not fit in with my idea of where I was wanting my novel to go I realized I should just write them down any way.  Maybe doing so will give me more insight into my characters or whatever.  If anything it just keeps me writing.
After she said to think back to when you told yourself you were going to do nanowrimo this month and remember why you are doing this, I started thinking about why I originally wanted to do this, this month.  A lot of times I get ideas for things I want to do but I have a hard time sticking with them and seeing them through and being motivated to finish them and I do not like that.  So doing Nanowrimo is a way for me to try and over come that.  It is a way for me to make a goal that is rather hard for me and to stick with it no matter what.  I want to be able to remember this and to not give up when the going gets tough.  I know that the most rewarding things in life are the things that we really had to work hard for.  I believe that the difference between those who succeed and those who do not is that those who succeed never gave up.


Well I was going to do Tracy's task that was set for today but I am just so tired right now that I can barely think.  So I think I will save that task for tomorrow.

I hope you all are doing well on your novels and that you are having fun and remember don't give up! You can do this!

<3 Andrea

Your Reply