"The only way to be sure you never get published is to give up. Don't give up."
- Cara Lockwood

Olympic Moments and How my novel has changed


.

Current Word Count: 19,380
Though I may write more today.  I have been trying to keep my word count on track with the 30 day writing schedule.  Usually when I write for Nanowrimo I will try and keep my word count on track with where it should be if I were writing 1,667 words a day until I get near the last week then I start doing a lot of writing so I can finish early and not have to worry about validating my novel on time.


Now onto the tasks.  I will be doing two tasks today.

The first one was set by OneMoreSouthernBelle

The task: Pick a gold, silver, and bronze moment from your novel.  These can come from dialogue, your favorite line, your favorite character decision, your favorite moment of inspiration

My Response:

Gold Moment:  My gold moment was when I got about the war that is going on in my book.  The war started because the warlocks believe that wizards are not "pure magic" beings because they have to use a wand in order to perform magic and they have to be taught how to use magic where as the warlocks just come by it naturally.  They do not need a wand and they do not need to be taught.
Well my gold moment comes in when I got this idea: It turns out that centuries ago there was a group of wizards were performing experiments on other wizards because they wanted to try and rid wizards of being dependent on wands to do their magic but something went wrong with the expirements and what they called "warlocks" were created.  The experiments were shut down and generations past and their knowledge of their creation was lost and future generations began to believe that they were superior to wizards.

Silver Moment: A plot twist I decided on.  Originally it was going to be Amelia's sister who tried to kill her but I thought that was too obvious because her sister had several motivations to do it so I wanted to change it to someone that may have seemed to be the less likely to do it.  So the reader will think that it is her sister when in reality it is Chandler, her childhood love interest, who she thought was killed at the beginning of the story.


Bronze Moment: My two main character's first kiss.  They have almost kissed each other but Rowan always stopped it before it happened because he felt guilty since Amelia did not really know who he really was.  They are hiding in a cave in the woods from a beast.

Rowan cradled Amelia in his arms and kissed her forehead.  Amelia placed her hand on the back of his head and gently pulled his head forward.  
He thought about resisting but he did not.  
Amelia parted her lips as they grew closer to his and she forgot to breathe for a moment.
Rowan slid his hand behind her head and intertwined his fingers in to her hair and their lips touched gently at first and the feeling of her lips moving against his sent a tingling sensation coursing through his body.
Amelia pressed her fingertips in to Rowan’s back as he gently kissed her cheek and then her neck.
“Mmm,” she groaned at the sensation of his lips caressing her neck.  “Rowan,” she whispered as his lips moved further down her neck.
“Hmm?” 
“Who are you really?”
He looked up, taken a back by her question.  His heart was still pounding and he breathed heavily.  He touched his forehead to hers, trying to compose himself and then he lay his head back against the cave wall.  “We should really try and get some sleep,” he said, ignoring her question.

It's not all that great but I have a hard time writing kissing scenes so I was kind of happy I was able to write one ^^

~~~~

Now for TracyMichelle210's task.

The task: How has your novel changed from the original idea/plan?

My Response:  My story has actually changed quite significantly since I first started planning it out.
I had originally gotten my idea from this adoptable in the Nanowrimo forums:

A modern take on Romeo and Juliet. A hitman falls in love with his target, and can't bring himself to kill her. His superiors warn him that he must follow orders or be terminated himself... literally. He devises a plan to fake her death to save both of them from his agency, but it somehow goes horribly wrong and they both end up dead. 

 And this was my initial idea after reading this: Could use this in a fantasy story...The warlock is sent to kidnap the princess of the wizards (warlocks and wizards are enemies) and take her back to the warlock world where she will be kept for ransom however on their journey  to that world he falls in love with her.  Things change with his orders and is told that he needs to kill her right away..he tries to talk them out of it but they tell him if he doesn’t then he will be killed as well.  So he tells her the truth about what is going on and they make a plan to fake her death.  Things end up going wrong eventually and at the end of the story they both end up dead.



So there are a couple things that are the same with this as in the wizards and warlocks are at war and the warlock is sent to capture the princess and he does change his mind about wanting to turn her end but I had other ideas for the story as well and things have really evolved into so much more than what I was thinking at the beginning.  Oh and the story is no longer a take on Romeo and Juliet and they won't both die in the end.


So I hope that answered what you guys were looking for :) If you have any questions just let me know!
<3 Andrea




Your Reply