"The only way to be sure you never get published is to give up. Don't give up."
- Cara Lockwood

My Novel's Theme Song and my Characters


.

Current Word Count: 18,573


Task (set by TracyMichelle210): Pick a theme song for your novel and talk about why you picked this theme song.

My response: 

Song I chose: Battlefield by Jordin Sparks: Music Video and Lyrics

Reason I chose this: I chose this song because it kind of has two meanings for my novel.  The song is comparing a love relationship to being on a battlefield at war with someone.
A big part of my novel is that there is a war going on.  My FMC's (Amelia) people are at war with my MMC's (Rowan) people.  Also there relationship is not that good of a one because Rowan lies to Amelia about who he is.  During their time together they end up falling in love with each other but things kind of explode when Amelia finds out who he really is.

Hope this makes sense :)  If you have any questions about it just let me know

~~~~

My Main Characters:

Another task that was set earlier on in the month was to introduce your characters and I think I want to go ahead and do that because I think it is a bit important that you understand who they are.

Princess Amelia Winifred Derlo

<------ This is a picture I chose to represent what I was thinking Amelia looks like.

Age: 16
Height: 5'5"
Species: Wizard
Where she lives: She lives in the castle in the kingdom of Ullshire.  Ullshire is a kingdom of wizards.  There is a large and forest that surrounds three sides of the castle not too far away from the castle in the valley of the Mountains of Mengerath 
Her family: Father: King Kuzimu Lethias Derlo III: Lives his life for his kingdom and family, does what ever he can to protect them and to do what is best for the kingdom, quick tempered, if he says to do something then you better do it, no arguing, no debating, no questioning, very powerful wizard
      Mother: Queen Phaethe Anna Derlo: very regal and proper, loves fashion and throwing grand balls, sweet tempered, loves animals 
      Sister: Princess Rosalyn Aelarr Derlo: Age 18 and still unmarried, has trouble with suitors, very outspoken, angry that Amelia was chosen to be next in line for the crown over her, hot tempered like her father, Amelia has always been the favorite and this has caused Rosalin to resent her younger sister
      Brother: Prince Kuzimu Lethias Derlo IIII: Has died before the story starts, was age 20 when he died, he was supposed to be next in line for the crown, he had gone on a secret mission with some of the warrior wizards and was killed in battle, was very close to Amelia 


Rowan West

Age: 20

Height: 6'
Species: Warlock
Where he lives: He is originally from the Kingdom of Melruun (the kingdom at war with Amelia’s kingdom) but  he travels around from place to place hunting bounties and bringing thieves, murderers, and ‘bad guys’ to justice. Melruun is a kingdom run by warlocks and witches, the kingdom is in a state of disarray because of the war and because of a corrupt king, the people live in fear of attacks from wizards and dragons.

Family: His sister was captured by a group of rogue warlocks and are threatening to kill her if Rowan does not go and capture the wizard princess of Ullshire and bring her back to them.  




Thanks for reading and if you have any questions about what I've written or any questions in general then feel free to ask!
<3 Andrea


3 Responses to “My Novel's Theme Song and my Characters”

  1. Unknown says:

    This is really cool. Thanks for doing our tasks. From what you posted about your characters and the theme song the novel sounds really interesting.
    -Tracy

  2. Unknown says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  3. Unknown says:

    You're welcome! I enjoy being able to do the tasks :) I'm glad you think so <3

Your Reply