"The only way to be sure you never get published is to give up. Don't give up."
- Cara Lockwood

Winner!


.

Current Word Count: 50, 034!


Yay! I reached 50,000 words today!! My novel still isn't finished but I am taking a much needed break from writing right now! I'm really happy that I was able to make it this month! And I'm excited about having another chance at Nanowrimo in November!!


So even though I've reached 50k I will still be doing the tasks set by TracyMichelle210 and OneMoreSouthernBelle!

Task set by OneMoreSoutherBelle

This task is all about endings!  For this task I am just going to share a couple last lines from past Nanowrimo Novels.  I do not have a last line from this novel yet because I haven't gotten to the end.


Nanowrimo 2007: Finding the Magic: 


I knew right then that my life had changed in so many ways. I was thankful that I would have the chance to live on, but heart broken for all those who were not as lucky as my family and I.

I realized that you can’t let one day pass you by without loving someone, without helping someone, without learning as much as you can.

I laid my head back down on the cool green grass and slid my hand into Anthony’s.


Nanowrimo 2010: Losing Henry: 


Henry smiled and wrapped his arms around her. “If there is a place that we can finally be together then I do want that to be my reality.” He kissed her lips and said,” Be my wife and we can unite our two families.”

Emily smiled. It had been so long since she had felt truly happy. Henry was the one man that she truly loved. She had loved Hemingway very very much but it had always been Henry that she truly desired to be with. It would always be Henry. She had been losing him for so long but now they could finally be together. “I would love that more then anything in the entire world,” she said, in tears, but this time they were happy tears.

Emily closed her eyes and pressed her lips against Henry’s and when she opened her eyes again she was sitting alone in a dark forest.


Response: I have to say I am actually pretty happy with my ending that I wrote for "Losing Henry" my Nanowrimo 2010 Novel.  Out of all of the times I've done Nanowrimo this story is the one I have enjoyed writing the most.  
Every time I've done Nanowrimo I have never planned out the ending (actually both times I won and finished my novel at the same time were the times I did not plan my novel at all).  So I have never really thought about how long to go before ending the story.  I just did it when it felt right and appropriate (and because I was almost to 50K ^^)
Hope you guys enjoyed reading these two endings.  :)


Task Set by TracyMichelle210:

Answer these five questions:


1. What was your easiest scene to write and what was your hardest scene to write? 
Easiest: My easiest scene to write was when Rowan and Amelia come across a ferocious beast in the forrest.  It was a scene I had already planned out in detail
Hardest: I guess the hardest to write was the scenes where Amelia is riding a horse.  I haven't ridden a horse in years and I was having a hard time describing her riding it.

2. What is your favorite scene and what is your least favorite scene? 
Favorite scene: When Amelia and Rowan visit a small little used magic store in the woods to get Amelia a new wand
Least Favorite: I don't really have a least favorite scene

3. What is your favorite line from your novel? 
He looked at me for a moment, breathing heavy. “I warned you not to fall in love with me,” he whispered.

4. Have you learned anything about yourself through the camp nano experience and if so what have you learned? 
I learned that if I stick with something and not give up so easily then I can accomplish a lot.

5. Do you think you will stick with this novel after the month is over?
I'm not sure about this yet.  I might but I haven't decided yet.



Thanks for reading everyone and good luck with your novels! And Congrats to all those who have reached 50k!  

<3 Andrea

Your Reply