"The only way to be sure you never get published is to give up. Don't give up."
- Cara Lockwood

Nanowrimo Day 10- An Excerpt


.



Daily Dare:

People rarely get sick in novels.  Have your protagonist come down with something.
*Dare from "No Plot? No Problem! Noveling Workbook" If you decide to use one of the dares, I post on my blog, in your novel I'd love to know and if you'd like to share how you used it, I would love to hear about that too.

Update:

Went to a write-in today after work.  It was a lot of fun.  I got to get to know some new people and we had a great talk.  Not much writing got done but that's okay.  I will be going to another write in on Wednesday.  So I'm looking forward to that.
I wrote about 1,700 words today but I am still behind and will be even more behind tomorrow and tomorrow is going to be a busy day.  I will be going back to the cabin tomorrow night and spending the day there Monday so hopefully I will be able to get a bunch of writing done on Monday to catch up.

I am going to dispense with the daily topic today and give you an excerpt from my novel, "The Diary of Juniper Blank", instead:


21 June 2012
Thursday
16:00

Dear Diary,

Juniper here.  It is almost time for me to get to work and I know I will be too tired to write after I get back so I am writing now.
Not too much to write about so I will just answer today’s journal jar prompt:

List 10 things you really like about yourself.

My answer:
  1. I
  2. Do
  3. Not
  4. Know
  5. What
  6. Like
  7. About
  8. My
  9. Self

Pathetic, I know

XOXO,
Junie Ann


21 June 2012
Thursday
What does 16:00 mean?  There is no 16 on my hello kitty clock.

Dear Junipers Dairy,

Sawley here.  I am taking over again.  Yay!  Junie poo is at work.  I am bored.
She did not really fill out her list so I will do it for her.

10 things I like about Juniper:
  1. She is the best big sister ever
  2. She is really pretty
  3. She is nice
  4. She is fun to play with
  5. She makes the best peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the whole wide universe
  6. She hugs me when I am sad and says, Do not be sad my pretty little Sawley
  7. She likes sharing with me
  8. She is not selfish.  She thinks of me over herself.  
  9. I want to be just like her because she is awesome
  10. She is a good singer and best friend ever (even bester than Winnie)


Kissies and Kitties,
Junies biggest fan



21 June 2012
Thursday
21:00

Dear Diary,

Juniper here.  So I just got home from having the worst day ever at work and I grabbed my diary to write about it.  When I opened my diary I almost cried when I saw the wonderful things that Sawley wrote about me while I was gone.
Maybe having Sawley’s journal take overs aren’t going to be so bad.  I read her words and all my sad thoughts and frustrations just melted away.  I have the best little sister ever.  I grabbed a slip off of her Hello Kitty message pad and I wrote this:

10 things I love about Sawley:

  1. She knows just how to make me feel better
  2. She is the sweetest girl I know
  3. She is very pretty and has the cutest smile
  4. When I am sad she wipes away my tears and tells me she will always be there for me
  5. She is an amazing singer
  6. She writes and illustrates the best stories
  7. She is the best sister in every universe combined
  8. She is my bestist ever friend
  9. She is fun to play with
  10. She is very caring

XOXO,
Sawley’s biggest fan

Then I stuck it next to her pillow so she can find it when she wakes up.  I am so lucky to have such a great little sister.  She is my happy thought and the smile on my face.  I love her to bits.

I will sleep much better now.  Thank you Sawley Pawley.

XOXO,
Junie Ann


Hope you enjoyed the excerpt! See you again tomorrow! I'll try and get the blog up sooner.

<3 Andrea


Your Reply