"The only way to be sure you never get published is to give up. Don't give up."
- Cara Lockwood

Nanowrimo Day 6- Theme Song


.



Daily Dare:

Write a scene of dialogue between your main character and a younger version of him/herself.
*Dare from "No Plot? No Problem! Noveling Workbook" If you decide to use one of the dares, I post on my blog, in your novel I'd love to know and if you'd like to share how you used it, I would love to hear about that too.



Update:

I did a little bit of writing this morning after midnight and now I am almost caught up to where I need to be for the day.  Today I'm hoping to get a little bit ahead.  Tonight I will be going up to my cabin and I am hoping to use that time to get a lot of writing done.  No internet and it's nice and peaceful.  I like to think of the cabin as my own writer's retreat.  Since I will be up there with no internet my blog post for tomorrow won't be up until late, after I get home tomorrow night.
Things are going well with the new story.  I even have some ideas for sequels.
Last night I was looking up pictures of actresses that I thought would best look like my characters.  Here's what I have for my two main characters:

Juniper Ann Blank



So this is what I imagine Juniper to look like.  As you may know this is Sarah Hyland.  She seems to dress very fancy with a lot of make up.  My character Juniper is more casual with jeans, t-shirt, dirty sneakers and she usually doesn't wear make-up but the hair, eyes, smile, body build is the same.
Juniper is 17 and getting ready to enter her Senior year.








Sawley Marie Blank


Now this is what I imagine Juniper's little sister, Sawley, to look like.
Sawley is 8 and very imaginative.  She loves to tell stories and draw.  Her and Juniper share a room together.  The two of them are very close.










So that is a little bit about the characters of my new story "The Diary of Juniper Blank".



Character Interview:

Each day I will be doing an interview question with my character Millie from my work in progress "Never Planned on You"  You can find out more about this story by seeing past posts and by clicking on the "Current Projects" tab above.

Question:

Tell us about your first kiss.

Answer:

Well when I was about five years old Charlie and I were playing tag and when he caught me he quickly kissed me on the lips and ran away from me saying "you're it"
But my first real kiss happened about two years ago.  Please don't let on to my daddy about this but one night I snuck out of the house around ten and road my bike over to Charlie's house.  We road in his pick up truck down to the beach.  He had a picnic basket and a blanket to sit on.  We talked for a while and played in the water, it was summer and the night was very warm.  At one point he just leaned in and kissed me.  It was wonderful.


Daily Topic:

Topic:

Share a song from your playlist that you feel is connected to your novel in some way and explain how it is.

My Answer:

"I'll Be Seeing You" (1944) by Billie Holiday This song was very popular during World War II as an anthem for those serving overseas.  This kind of describes how Millie is feeling about Charlie as he is gone serving in the war for two years.  It's just a beautiful song and I love the way Billie Holiday sings it.  I can imagine Mille and Charlie slow dancing to this song.



Well we've almost made a week! If you're behind though don't worry! There is still plenty of time to catch up so don't give up!  I think one year I was like two weeks or more behind and almost gave up but I decided I wasn't going to quit and was able to catch up and finish early.  I surprised myself because I never thought that was possible of myself.  I was busy, I was feeling like I had nothing else to write but I was determined and I just sat down, started writing, and didn't give up.  You may feel like you aren't capable of writing some much to catch up but if you believe in yourself then you can do it.  Tell yourself you can and then you will.  I never thought I could ever write 5K in one day and that first day that I accomplished that it felt so good!  I had so much more confidence in myself.  You never know what you're capable of until you try.  So don't give up, push yourself a little, get out of your comfort zone,  stop saying I can't or I don't have time and start saying I can, start finding time.  And even if you don't want to write 1,667 each day just write something.  100 words, 50 words, 10 words, something as long as you're staying in the habit of writing each day.
You can do it! I know you can! Now make yourself believe it and amazing things will happen!

<3 Andrea

Your Reply