"The only way to be sure you never get published is to give up. Don't give up."
- Cara Lockwood

Nanowrimo Day 8- Time Period


.


Daily Dare:

Have each character tell his or her first memory.
*Dare from "No Plot? No Problem! Noveling Workbook" If you decide to use one of the dares, I post on my blog, in your novel I'd love to know and if you'd like to share how you used it, I would love to hear about that too.


Update:

So I'm still a little bit behind but no worries because I know I can catch up.  I should be able to catch up this weekend!
I have yet to go to another write in.  We have had a few and I haven't been able to go to them but I plan on going this wednesday and then on the 16th (the day after my birthday) we have our annual "Epic Night of Writing Epically" which is our regions version of the "Night of Writing Dangerously" except ours is an all nighter! It will be from 6pm until 9am the next morning.  I am really looking forward to this!  Hopefully I will be able to stay awake to write and then be able to drive back home in the morning.  I'd like to stay the whole time but we will see.  Anyway it should be fun.

Daily Topic:

Topic:

In what time period is your novel set? Why did you choose this time period?

My answer:

Well if you have been following along with my blog you know that my story "Never Planned on You" is set in the middle 1940s, 1944-46.  I chose this time period because I originally got the inspiration for my story from my grandmother and she was a teenager in the 1940s.  I also wanted to have it in the 40s because I really love that time period.  I really enjoyed being able to have the excuse to research it further.  I also like how there was not as much technology back then.  I love the way people dressed, their hairstyles, the cars they drove, the houses, I just love the time period a lot.

For my story "The Diary of Juniper Blank" that is set during the present time period, well I am thinking it will be around 2004 or so or maybe I just won't give it an exact year but it will be implied that it is within the year 2000 and now.  Right now I have it during the summer of this year but that will probably change.  I chose to do it during this time period because I don't usually set stories during the current time period.  I don't like including current technology in my stories.  I am not sure why that is because I love using current technology.  Just for some reason I don't like writing about it.  So far I haven't really mentioned any technology except for tv and a game boy.  I also have my main character handwriting her journal instead of typing it.  



Good luck with your writing! Also again I encourage you to get the ebook: "@ Wrimo: A Thirty Day Survival Guide" by Kevin Kaiser.  I have been reading through more of it and it has excellent advice in it for making it through Nanowrimo and a lot of encouragement for not giving up.  So check it out, it's only $4usd and I think it is well worth it.  Plus on Amazon you can read a bit of it before you buy so you can see if you will like it.


<3 Andrea

Your Reply