"The only way to be sure you never get published is to give up. Don't give up."
- Cara Lockwood

Nanowrimo Day 15- Half way there


.



Daily Dare:

Have your character recount a hilarious childhood trauma.
*Dare from "No Plot? No Problem! Noveling Workbook" If you decide to use one of the dares, I post on my blog, in your novel I'd love to know and if you'd like to share how you used it, I would love to hear about that too.

Update:

Sorry for my lack of blog posts the last couple days ): 
So I got caught up on Monday while I was at the cabin and then on Tuesday I started to fall behind again.  Now I am two days behind but I will be going to an all night write-in tomorrow night so I hope to get caught up then.  It will be from 6pm-9am.  Hopefully I will be able to stay awake and be coherent enough to think of what to write.  I have my energy drinks all ready to go with me!  Then on Saturday I will be sleeping during the day and going to a tree lighting ceremony at night.
Right now my word count is 20,955 so I am 4,050 behind.  Hoping that will change tomorrow and saturday!

Daily Task:

The task:

Do something to celebrate making it to the half way point in Nanowrimo and then share what you did.  Also talk about what else you have going on in your life and what you have put off in order to write for Nanowrimo.

My answer:

So I am not at 25K yet like I should be but I am still doing Nanowrimo and I haven't given up so that is something to celebrate right?  Well today is the half way point and it also happens to be my birthday.  So I got to celebrate my birthday today and that is also how I celebrated the half way point.
I went out shopping with my mom today, got tropical smoothie (I love their smoothies, especially the "peaches and silk), and for dinner I went out to eat at my favorite restaurant, Red Robin, with my mom and brother.  It was a great day!  I also get another party on Sunday when I celebrate my birthday with my dad :)
So what else I have going on in November is work, a child psychology class (my last class for my degree and then I graduate with an associates in computer arts), church responsibilities, my sewing business, and trips to the cabin to see my dad.
What I have been giving up? Nothing really.  I still do all of those responsibilities I have plus I've gone to the movies, had a game night at a friends house, watched some of my favorite shows at night, ATV rides with my dad, campfires at night, and other little things.  Although I might be a bit further ahead if I didn't do these things but some of these things are necessary and others don't happen too often.  Actually now that I think about it, I have been giving up reading, crafting, and drawing which are other things I do in my spare time.


Congrats for making it to the half way point! 
<3 Andrea

Your Reply